Any Which Way You Go: Exploring Our Relationship to Gender & Sexuality
Now more than ever before, young people are identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning or something other than cisgender and/or heterosexual. In order to best serve LGBTQIA+ youth and young adults and meet their unique needs, it is imperative that human service providers, educators, and supportive adults begin to understand how gender and sexuality are evolving and how they too experience acculturation and socialization about these concepts. It is equally as important that they understand the connection between adopting an evolving framework of gender and sexuality and the improvement of educational and social outcomes for LGBTQIA+ youth in their classrooms and programs.
In Any Which Way You Go: Exploring Our Relationships to Gender Identity and Human Sexuality, trainees will:
• Recall the importance of establishing co-created, intentional, and mutually agreeable rules of engagement we call community invitations
• Learn and practice asking for names and Personal Gender Pronouns (PGPs)
• Rehearse a strategy for reducing harm when the wrong gender pronoun is used for a student and/or program participant
• Review terms and definitions related to gender identity and human sexuality
• Compare and contrast a traditional gender model and an expansive gender model
• Review the HMI Human Sexuality Model
• Questions & Answers
We will conduct the training online using Zoom, which you will be prompted to download once the workshop link is sent to you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the TA provider, Jane Meek (email@example.com).
Advanced registration for this workshop is required. An insufficient number of registrants will result in cancellation or postponement of this workshop. Registration is for the approved candidate only. Substitutions are not allowed without the approval of the TA Provider.
In many cases, space is limited and a waitlist has been established. The registrant is asked to cancel their registration in Eventbrite or contact the TA provider if they are not able to attend a workshop, so that the space can be awarded to another individual. We thank you for that courtesy.