Join WPTI for two 90-minute interactive web training sessions to build cultural competency in serving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, and other gender and sexual minority (LGBTQI+) youth, and supporting their success in the workforce.
- Session 1 of 2 will take place on Wednesday, May 13 from 9:30 am to 11:00 am.
- Session 2 of 2 will take place on Wednesday, May 20 from 9:30 am to 11:00 am.
- Determine key principles for working with the community;
- Learn about gender pronouns and integrating them into your workplace;
- Discuss areas of legal protections for the LGBTQI+ community;
- Discuss and outline best principles for creating an affirming environment for LGBTQI+ workforce program participants;
- Discuss means of preparing youth for success, including preparing for self-advocacy, in the work world; and
- Discuss means of screening employers for whether they are affirming of LGBTQI+ communities
Facilitator: Andrea “Andy” Bowen, WPTI Training & Projects Consultant
Target Audience: Workforce staff and leadership within youth-serving organizations contracted by NYC DYCD
Tech requirements for participation:
- High-speed Internet access.
- Access to a desktop or laptop computer.
- A working microphone on your computer or headset.
A working video camera on your desktop or laptop computer is strongly encouraged. Participants also are encouraged to download the Zoom software onto their laptop or desktop computer in advance of the training. We are sorry, but audio-only participation cannot be permitted.
For more information about this training, please contact Sabeen Pirani, Director of Training, at email@example.com.
Advanced registration for this workshop is required. An insufficient number of registrants will result in cancellation or rescheduling of this workshop. Registration is for the approved candidate only. Substitutions are not allowed without the approval of the TA Provider.
This training is only for staff from programs which DYCD contracts for any of its contracts/programs.
This professional development opportunity is provided at no cost to you by NYC DYCD for its contracted programs. If you register for and are subsequently unable to attend this session you are responsible for canceling your registration or risk being waitlisted for future events.
Any registrations from individuals from programs that do not hold a DYCD program contract will be unable to participate in this training. If you are interested in this training but are not a DYCD provider, please contact Saki Mori at WPTI at firstname.lastname@example.org.