CRE High Performing Managers Initiative – Moving on up
**NOTE: It’s a DYCD requirement to register on Eventbrite for each cohort session.***
CRE High Performing Managers Initiative – Moving on up: Strengthening management skills for emerging leaders
CRE’s High Performing Managers Initiative (HPMI) is a series of eight interactive virtual sessions over seven months for mid-level managers of nonprofit organizations and government agencies. Given that middle managers are faced with both managing up and down as they work to support organizational direction and build teams to support their organizations, this cohort is designed to provide the best practices, core competencies, and skills needed to develop, manage and mobilize teams in an increasingly remote and virtual environment. In this year’s cohort, there will be a particular focus on how you supervise and lead teams and staff during crises.
The program’s design includes experiential workshop-style sessions—Issue Discussions—with senior members of CRE’s consulting staff as well as peer-learning sessions—Action Learning—through which you learn to coach and support one another on challenges you identify as priorities. You will also receive 360°feedback from colleagues at your organization, along with an individual coaching session.
This program will help you:
- Manage teams in times of uncertainty.
- Develop an adaptive and effective approach to leadership.
- Grow as a leader and strengthen your management and supervision skills towards developing a high performing team
- Practice specific strategies to maximize your own influence and impact within your organization
- Get enhanced clarity — through 360° feedback — on what skills you should develop to have greater impact as a mid-level manager and emerging leader
- Learn about cultural competency and fundamental principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion
The cost of the program per participant is $3,900 and is generously funded by DYCD and is offered at no cost to those who are accepted.
We look forward to seeing you at orientation on Tuesday, November 17th!