The Literacy Program Leaders cohort is a project designed to build the skills and competencies of CBOs and after school programs committed to high-quality literacy practices. These organizations are expected to appoint two individuals to participate in the cohort and turnkey training to staff within their CBOs. The cohort goal is to provide Literacy Program Leaders with skills and knowledge required to set-up a literacy program, run it, evaluate it and apply interventions as needed.
The topics covered in the workshops and communities of practice will include:
- Program Orientation 11/21/19 10:00am-12:00pm
- Setting Up and Running Literacy Programs 12/11/19 9:30am-12:30pm
- Community of Practice #1 1/24/20 9:30am-12:30pm
- Understanding and Supporting Youth Development 1/31/20 9:30am-12:30pm
- Read Alouds in Literacy Programs 2/13/20 and 2/14/20 9:30am-12:30pm
- Community of Practice #2 2/28/20 9:30am-12:30pm
- Literacy Circles in Literacy Programs 5/07/20 and 5/08/20 10:00am-12:00pm
- Community of Practice #3 5/22/20 10:00am-12:00pm
- Assessing and Improving Literacy Programs 6/5/20 10:00am-12:00pm
- Culminating Event 6/19/20 10:00am-11:30am
Attendance is expected at all sessions.
Facilitated by: Adriana Oliveira, ExpandED Schools.
School-Age Child Care training regulations satisfied: 3
Remote. Link to the trainings will be sent by email a day prior to the session.
For more information, please contact:
Taejha Richardson, Director of Capacity Building
If you are unable to attend the training and are sending an appropriate staff member as a replacement OR if you are canceling your registration, please notify Taejha Richardson within 72 hours (or 3 business days) of the scheduled training. If the individual responsible for the original registration fails to notify ExpandED Schools of the cancellation, ExpandED Schools reserves the right to invoice the CBO for the per-person training cost.
This training is made possible by funding from DYCD, and is available at no cost to the CBOs with which DYCD contracts. This professional development opportunity is provided at no cost to you but has a value for DYCD. If you register for and are subsequently unable to attend this session you are responsible for canceling your registration or risk being waitlisted for future events.