DYCD Positive Youth Development & Youth Leadership Fall Cohort
The cohort consists of ten (4 hour) sessions and is designed to be a small learning community for leadership teams of 2 to 3 members (from one program or include the multi-site supervisor from the same organization) interested in gaining a deeper understanding of how to incorporate DYCD’s Positive Youth Development and Youth Leadership Frameworks into program practice. We will discuss the obstacles currently faced in implementation and create strategies for how to overcome them. This cohort also provides opportunities for individual programs to receive site-specific support from YDI staff.
Goals of the cohort are to:
- Provide participants with effective strategies for implementing DYCD’s Positive Youth Development and Youth Leadership Frameworks into program practices
- Provide participants with effective strategies to engage line staff, participants, stakeholders and organization leadership in the implementing of DYCD’s
- Provide participants with the opportunity to become fluid in the language of the Framework to be more successful during DYCD site visits.
(1) Principles of childhood development
(3) Child day care program development
(4) Safety and security procedures, including communication between parents and staff
(5) Business record maintenance and management
*Note: Participants MUST attend all the sessions – 9:00AM to 1:00PM
Please arrive on time. A light breakfast and lunch will be served