Leading Through Crisis–for Advance & Earn Providers
We are living in an unprecedented time. While none of us have the final answer, we all have access to a variety of resources to help us move forward. Leaders understand that it is vitally important to consider the multiple dimensions of organizational and team success. That success goes beyond “getting results” and hinges on how the work happens and how people relate to each other during implementation.
In this highly interactive course, you will assess ways to lead your program, support your colleagues and plan for your young adults through crisis. As the city begins to reopen, we must consider how we will model our approach and integrate new information.
The training is intended for Advance & Earn providers.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
• Define and measure mutually agreed upon ‘success’ dimensions;
• Identify ways to prioritize now and pivot to the near future; and
• Develop strategies for leading high performing team members with differing styles than theirs.
During this training, you will learn how to detect the open and hidden needs of employers and use that to further develop your sales pitch, refine your strategies for matching job seekers, engage the right businesses, and build lasting employer relationships.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
● Understand the fundamentals of what employers really need and how to best engage them;
● Use Labor Market Intelligence to leverage new business opportunities and develop a wider and more refined reach;
● Use information related to job quality, personal protective equipment, digital fluency/virtual interviews.
● Better align their organization’s offerings and competencies with those of their targeted business markets;
● Develop strategies for partnering with businesses that cultivate long-term relationships.
Registration closes on Thursday, June 11, 2020, at 12 p.m. If this training is full, please sign up for the waitlist.
This training requires:
1. High-speed Internet access.
2. Access to a desktop or laptop computer.
3. A working microphone on your computer or headset.
A working video camera on your desktop or laptop computer is strongly encouraged. Participants also are encouraged to download the Zoom software onto their laptop or desktop computer in advance of the training. We’re sorry but audio-only participation cannot be permitted.
For more information about this training, please contact Jennifer Pierre, Director of Consulting, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tom McKee, Program Manager, at email@example.com.