Supporting LGBTQIA+ Youth in Program Spaces
Would you like to better support the LGBTQIA+ youth in your programs? Do you wish you had the knowledge and the skills to make your program more LGBQTIA+ inclusive? Then, Supporting LGBTQIA+ Youth in Program Spaces is for you!
This training supports staff in gaining a more nuanced understanding of gender and sexuality, developing insight into issues that affect LGBTQIA+ youth, and providing supporting skills that can be turn-keyed at respective agencies.
In this training, participants will:
• Learn how to codify accountability measures within program spaces that promote respectful interactions and community engagement
• Practice using Personal Gender Pronouns (PGPs) in group and individual introductions as a trope for promoting safety
• Recall key gender and sexuality terms
• Review the traditional sex and gender model as well as a more inclusive sex and gender model
• Brainstorm the unique and unmet needs of LGBTQIA+ youth within their respective agencies
• Engage media showing the lived experiences of LGBTQIA+ youth discussing their needs
• Review a list of culturally-responsive community resources for LGBTQIA+ youth
• Practice making personalized referrals for LGBTQIA+ youth
• Questions & Answers
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the TA provider, Jane Meek (email@example.com).
Advanced registration for this workshop is required. An insufficient number of registrants will result in cancellation or postponement of this workshop. Registration is for the approved candidate only. Substitutions are not allowed without the approval of the TA Provider.
In many cases, space is limited and a waitlist has been established. The registrant is asked to cancel their registration in Eventbrite or contact the TA provider if they are not able to attend a workshop, so that the space can be awarded to another individual. We thank you for that courtesy.
This training is made possible by funding from the New York City Department of Youth and Community Development.