Step 1. The DYCD-funded provider (prime contractor) establishes a relationship with a resource provider (subcontractor) and decides to bring the resource’s services to the program.
Step 2. The prime contractor speaks with their DYCD. Program Manager to ensure they are able work with a subcontractor and that it is permissible within the terms and conditions or contract.
Step 3. If the prime contractor is able to bring on a subcontractor, the following actions and documents must be submitted to the assigned DYCD Program Manager for approval:
- 3 notarized originals of the Subcontractor Agreement (completed by the prime contractor and subcontractor)
- The Subcontractor Agreement includes the workscope, schedule, budget, and board of directors listing if applicable
- Subcontractor Approval Form (completed by the prime contractor)
- Enter the subcontract information in the Payee Information Portal (PIP) for the contract which the subcontractor will be applied
Step 4. The DYCD Program Manager will review the Subcontractor Agreement and Subcontractor Approval Form and submit them for approval by the Deputy Director.
Step 5. If approved, the DYCD Program Manager submits the Subcontractor Agreement and Subcontractor Approval Form to the Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) unit for vetting.
Step 6. The ACCO unit will vet the subcontractor by checking:
- a) Payee Information Portal (PIP)
- IMPORTANT: All subcontractors must be registered in the Payee Information Portal (PIP)
- If a subcontractor is conducting business with the City of New York for the first time, they will need to create a new Payee/Vendor Code account in PIP
** We recommend subcontractors enroll in PIP as soon as possible to avoid delays in processing a subcontract. ** Information on PIP is available at
- b) PASSport (Procurement and Sourcing Solutions Portal)
- If a subcontractor is registered in PASSPort but does NOT have a PASSPort contract history (evaluations), 3 references from comparable projects are required
- If a subcontractor is NOT registered in PASSPort, 3 references from comparable projects are required
- If your organization is in PASSPort and has a City funding aggregate of over $100K , DYCD will require a Certificate of No Change (CONC) form
- c) Google search
- d) Uniform Commercial Code (IRS liens)
- e) NYS Charities Bureau, if applicable
Step 7. The DYCD ACCO unit will approve /disapprove the subcontractor – this information is then sent back to the DYCD Program Manager, who will inform the prime contractor.
Step 8. The DYCD Program Manager contacts the prime contractor to determine next steps:
- If approved, move forward with the subcontract
- Prime contractors are required to record all payments made to the subcontractors through PIP.
- If not approved, determine next steps (e.g., obtain missing document from subcontractor, budget modification to remove the subcontractor, )
**Please note: DYCD ACCO unit will only contact the prime contractor for information/ documentation needed from the subcontractor. DYCD ACCO will not contact the subcontractor. It is up to the prime contractor to communicate with the subcontractor regarding missing documents or other needed items. DYCD ACCO COMMUNICATES ONLY WITH THE PRIME CONTRACTOR.
Step 9. Upon an executed/approved subcontract, the resource provider can begin rendering services for the prime contractor (DYCD-funded provider/program) enhancing high quality programming.
Step 10. The subcontractor is paid directly by the prime contractor (DYCD-funded provider/program) for services rendered. NYC DYCD DOES NOT PAY THE SUBCONTRACTOR.*Note: A subcontractor who is operating without prior approval form DYCD is operating at risk to the Prime provider. DYCD will not reimburse any work performed by an unapproved subcontractor.
Procurement questions can be directed to the DYCD Agency Chief Contracting Officer (ACCO) Unit at email@example.com or (646) 343-6399.
Summary of Required Subcontractor Documents
|Requirement||Organizations that have Previously Worked with NYC||Organizations New to Working with NYC|
|1||Subcontract Agreement (3 original notarized copies)||ü Required – Prime Contractor submits to DYCD||ü Required – Prime Contractor submits to DYCD|
|2||Subcontractor Approval Form||Prime Contractor completes and submits to DYCD with Subcontract Agreement||Prime Contractor completes and submits to DYCD with Subcontract Agreement|
|3||PIP Enrollment||ü Required – Subcontractor should enroll ASAP to avoid procurement delays||ü Required – Subcontractor should enroll ASAP to avoid procurement delays|
|4||VENDEX Contract History||If organization is registered in VENDEX but does not have VENDEX contract history, 3 references from comparable projects required||3 references from comparable projects required from Subcontractor|
|5||Certificate of No Change (CONC) Form||If organization is in VENDEX and has a City funding aggregate of over $100K||N/A|